[dba-VS] automating Excel

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:35:21 CST 2015

I do this from some of my Access dbs.  Would VBA code samples be of any use?

I generally use one of two different techniques:
1. Have a pre-formatted template worksheet in Excel, which I then open,
push the data into it, and save under a new name.
2. Create a blank worksheet, fill it with the recordset data, then do all
necessary formatting in code.  This is a lot fussier, but more flexiblel.

Doug