[dba-VS] Microsoft Action Pack Subscription benefits

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 18 02:19:29 CST 2015

Hi Gustav and Shamil:

I just read this article and wonder if it is timely. OwnCloud and Collabora Announce LibreOffice Online for your ownCloud Server. This is a product similar to 365 Office, also fully featured but can be setup within an office network or on a home managed Cloud server, on the network, or across the internet.

 http://bit.ly/1TTsplq

Here is a description and video describing the features:

http://bit.ly/1NAZCOP

Aside: Have been using Google Docs to edit a book and it worked out very well. Sometime in the spring...but for now a full beta version can downloaded. We have been using our OwnCloud for passing pictures, managing the group calender, playing music anywhere and transferring documents back and forth.

https://www.collaboraoffice.com/code/

It also seems that Western Digital and OwnCloud are getting together to create a simple network plugin Cloud server for the price of a 1 TB WD hard drive and a Raspberry PI 2 with OwnCloud and an OS pre-intalled.

http://bit.ly/1NsHTuW

Jim