[dba-VS] Visual Studio Code

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat May 2 05:36:53 CDT 2015

 Hi Gustav --

Yes, it looks interesting, but have you seen this comment by Drazen Dotlic 30 Apr 2015 12:59 AM:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vscode/archive/2015/04/29/announcing-visual-studio-code-preview.aspx?PageIndex=1#comments
"We already have VS Community. We already have atom with community supported - apparently excellent - TypeScript experience. We already have cross platform Sublime with Microsoft TypeScript plugin. Did we _really_ need yet another editor? Apart from Atom (of which Code is a 'fork') you're spreading your own resources thin, at least for TypeScript. This is unlike "New Microsoft" which stopped inventing hot water 5 years ago or so and starting properly embracing Open Source and using other people's stuff."

It's just a part of his comment - another part is more positive - read it in full by following the link above.
Thank you.

-- Shamil