[dba-VS] [AccessD] Visual Studio and source control

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Nov 14 14:27:13 CST 2015

 Hi  John --

I do not know about any bitbucket.org successful hacking attempts - do you?

What do you mean by "hacked"?

If stolen - do you suppose there are any hackers in this small world who will try to spend any time to find out what your code does to somehow use this knowledge to harm your business?

If damaged - here is how you can easily prevent this damage -  https://github.com/Alevsk/Git-Hack-Recovery

Thank you.

-- Shamil

>Saturday, November 14, 2015 2:30 PM -05:00 from John Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com>:
>
>It is a simple matter of keeping it off the internet.
>
>I have never EVER seen ANYTHING on the internet not subject to hacking.
>If it is on my own server then it is behind my firewall. In the 8 years
>that I have been running VMs on my 2008-R2 VM Server, none of which ever
>touch the internet, I have never been hacked.
>
>If it is not public, why put it in a public place?
>
>On 11/14/2015 2:16 PM, Salakhetdinov Shamil wrote:
>> Hi Gustav and John --
>>
>> What's the use of a local Git server when you are an "alone wolf" or an up to five members team of developers?
>> BitBucket.org is *free* for *private* unlimited quantity of projects for the mentioned above use cases.
>> I'm keeping quite a few on my private commercial projects there using both Git and Mercurial.
>> Her are the stats of one of the biggest sets of projects:
>>
>> - first commit in August 2010 - it's now  commit# 987,
>> - 6660 .cs files,
>> - 55 solutions (.sln files),
>> - 295 C# projects (.csproj files)
>>
>> Thank you.