[dba-VS] Part I: Cross-posted from dba-OT: MVVM explained - looking for English language heavy review/revision, and technical review

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Sep 8 01:40:44 CDT 2015

 Hi Gustav --

Just a very small wheel, and probably a bit gnarly, kneed, three-cornered and angular. But just a bit. And (hopefully) flexible and open ended for extensions as Angular  (pun intended :)
have spent a couple of days on it less than 10% of all the project time I have spent working on so far - and the advantage of this "reinvention" is that I have got a valuable learning curve experience and that all this MVVM stuff is now looking natural for me not something forced to follow because of the "best software development practices religious guidelines". And you know this W{F/SL MVVM approach looks like my "DEEP-object Concept" dreams come true. Finally. Of course doing something like that in VBA and/or VB6 or even earlier versions of .NET Framework was a very risky way. Well, this development approach still have to be proven fro myself in the real life app deployment. The latter is expected to happen real soon - in a (couple) of weeks - a month. We will see. Well, quite a few other projects I have developed during last years using .NET Framework-based technologies are running 24x7x365, so the chances this one will run well are high... in the case it will be released in time and on money...

Resume: When learning by doing  mainly not from your own experience but from other open sources spread over Internet you might be influenced by other devs' opinions, "bad karma" etc. - doing it by yourself you're "clearing your dev experience karma".... in the case you succeed...

And you just need to challenge yourself once in a while to not sour from monotonic business apps everyday development...

Thank you.

-- Shamil