[AccessD] ADP vs. MDB for SQL 2000

Tom Adams tomadatn at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 2 11:55:39 CST 2003

How many records in the largest tables?

How big are all the dbf files?

How many users now - max expected.

How many remote users?  What are their needs?

Easiest and cheapest system - Access mdb with Jet back end.
Use Terminal Server for remote access.

Next would be Adp with Sql back end.
Would still need Terminal server.

Next would be VB FE with Sql back end.
More expensive, less flexible.
Would still need Terminal server.

Lastly (get out your blank checks and bend over)
would be to go web based.

Tom