[AccessD] HELP - Date in SQL string

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 8 22:18:58 CDT 2003

Hi all (A2K)

This line of code works:
    strsql = "INSERT INTO tblItemsInQuote (quoteID, Sequence) VALUES (" & IntQuoteID & "," & StrDayNo & ")"
The debug shows result as:
INSERT INTO tblItemsInQuote (quoteID, Sequence) VALUES (1,1)

But I cannot get it right when I amend it to also populate a date field, ie using:
strsql = "INSERT INTO tblItemsInQuote (quoteID, Date, Sequence) VALUES (" & IntQuoteID & ",#" & DteDay1 & "#," & StrDayNo & ")"

The debug shows it as:
INSERT INTO tblItemsInQuote (quoteID, Date, Sequence) VALUES (1,#01/04/03#,1)

TIA

Kath Pelletti
Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd.
Ph: 9505-6714