[AccessD] Reports, temp tables and stored procedures

Pain, T. (Tim) Tim.Pain at e20.akzonobel.com
Tue Apr 22 09:23:05 CDT 2003

I have a number of reports that are driven from forms that let the user
input the report parameters, the code behind the form first clears a
temporary work table, then builds and runs a query based on the forms
parameters and then in code loops through this temp table updating other
fields not populated by the first query. At the end of this it outputs a
report based on the temp work table.

Having recently moved the backend to SQL Server and I think I ought to
be able to re-write the above to use #temp tables and stored procedures,
but I have no real idea where to start. I reasonalby OK writing simple
stored procedures but it's the creating and initial populating the #temp
table, then looping back through it with further updates and then using
the #temp table as the basis for the report that has me puzzled.

Does anybody have a example they could let me have to get me started
please?

Many thanks
Tim Pain
Akzo Nobel Surface Chemistry Ltd