[AccessD] Picking up Outlook address data etc.

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 09:21:50 CDT 2003

Dear List

Does anyone have the low-down on how to get data out of Exchange? We're
running Exchange 2000 with Office XP.

What I need to be able to do is
a) automatically mail certain pre-defined staff members at certain times
(singly and in groups), and
b) allow people to send ad-hoc mails from the database, selecting from a
list of staff members or typing in mail addresses.

Currently we are entering all email addresses manually for the ad-hoc mails
and relying on a local table of mail addresses for the automated mails - a
ridiculous duplication of effort when all this stuff is on the system
already.

So.... All I've managed to find on MSDN are some references to something
called CDO which can be used to extend Exchange (though it's not wonderfully
clear in what ways), but I can't see how to get it and unless it's free I
can't have it anyway.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Roz