[AccessD] Retrofit form issue

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Apr 28 23:59:29 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a retrofit that I am doing for little to nothing. In one instance I
have a popup form that needs to update 7 items on the calling form. There
are 4 calling forms. I would like to have one popup that can update
whichever of the 4 forms calls it. The fields and control names for the 7
items on the 4 forms are exactly the same. A97

Right now the popup form is duplicated 4 times, each one is only used by one
main form and each main form only calls one of the popups. The calling form
is hardcoded in each specific popup form's code and that is how the return
values are put into the main form that called it.

This form is going to get reused again and again and I would like to
eliminate that maintenance overhead. I am burnt out at the moment and would
like some advice on how to handle changing these main forms to call one
popup form but still be able to update the 7 items on the main form that
called it.

TIA
John B.