[AccessD] ADP vs Access mdb/SQL

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Wed Apr 2 04:55:13 CST 2003

Sometimes due to various relationships we have with Microsoft we are
given Access to information that is not normally made public. As a
service to the list I sometimes make some of that available even though
if MS find out I get sacked. The nature of my own relationship with them
prohibits me from speaking in public about changes to certain software.
I have in fact several legal agreements with them.

I assume Arthur is in the same boat. Now I do know the reason behind his
statement and like Arthur cannot go into detail in Public. I did say
some time ago that the ability to work with SQL Stored Procedures etc in
a non graphical environment will at a future point become very useful.
That relying on graphical tools to get the job done may not protect you
from future developments with both Microsoft Access and SQL Server.

When possible if I think the information is useful I will post but the
nature of the relationship with MS means we cannot be real explicit
about what's going on or possibility going on and have to trust that
people will read between the lines.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Analyst/Trainer