[AccessD] Any brilliant ideas - pictures in 'flexible' positions

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 2 19:59:06 CST 2003

That sounds great - the idea of the narrow and wide is perfect.
Thanks Stuart

Kath
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stuart McLachlan
  To: Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. ; accessd at databaseadvisors.com
  Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 11:02 AM
  Subject: Re: [AccessD] Any brilliant ideas - pictures in 'flexible' positions

  On 3 Apr 2003 at 9:39, Software Design & Solutions P wrote:

  > Hi everybody.. I am working on a system for a group of travel agents
  > and today's task is to generate their quotes / itineraries. eg. Day 1,
  > Rio, description of city, etc, Day 2 Manaus, description of tour etc.
  >
  > I have created the screen which will alow them for each day to select
  > a city, one or more 'items' (eg. tour, hotel, flight details), and
  > these will slot into the report when it is printed.
  >
  > They want the ability to drop photos in to the itineraries. When they
  > select a particular item (city description) then the itinerary will
  > always dislpay a photo. The users can select from a list of photo
  > names held outside the database.
  >
  > But I am looking for some brilliant tips on how to place the photos
  > into the report....when they nominate that a particular item should
  > also include a photo, then the text should appear next to the photo,
  > and when they only select text, the text should wrap to the whole
  > page.
  >
  > I have a few ideas and will start but if anyone has does anything like
  > this, I'd love to hear from you.

  Three controls in the detail sectiop of the report:

  txtItemWide, txtItemNarrow - both with  the item text as the source
  imgPhoto

  Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
  If Nz(ItemPhoto, "") > " " Then
      imgPhoto.Picture = PhotoFile
      imgPhoto.visible = true
      txtNarrow.visible = true