[AccessD] One-to-one relationships

Bob Gajewski bob at renaissancesiding.com
Thu Apr 3 12:05:03 CST 2003

Joe

Unless your "main" table only has three records - one for each category
table - then I believe you have one-to-many relationships between the main
table and each of the category tables. FYI.

When you are in a form (?) and you select - for example - category 1, and
the associated fields are displayed, where is this data stored? Do you have
a fifth table that stores the child records, with the main table and the
category table as foreign keys? Or is the main table already a foreign key
in each of the category tables?

In general, if you have enforced referential integrity for cascade-deletes,
changing the category will automatically "remove" the child record that was
created when you selected the original category.

Regards,
Bob Gajewski