[AccessD] OT - My dog is dying

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Fri Apr 4 08:51:56 CST 2003

I am so sorry, I remember seeing the pictures of your dogs that you
published on the web.

I know how it is. A few years ago we lost our dog "Dog" to heart worms.
Never dreamed that he would get heart worms until he started swelling &
holding water. The vet gave him water pills, but it only worked for awhile.
I came home one day, and knowing how I felt, my husband told me "Dog ran
away".

We felt the same way - we should have started him on medicine, but never had
that happen before. All the years we had pets, this is the first time one of
them had heart worms or any disease. Our beagle also has the heart worms now
too - he caught them from Dog, I have him on medicine - it doesn't get rid
of the worms, but prevents new ones from hatching.

Soon after Dog died, we started loosing our cats to Feline Aids.

These were animals that we had for years and grew up with our kids.

Makes you wonder when we get bit by fleas and mosquitoes....

Virginia