[AccessD] A97 - References

Marcus, Scott (GEAE, RHI Consulting) scott.marcus at ae.ge.com
Mon Apr 7 15:17:44 CDT 2003

Terri,

You could use the following code....

Dim ref as Reference
Dim strFilename as String
Dim strName as String
Din intLoc as Integer

strFilename = "c:\windows\system\mso8.dll"     'Change this to desired path
For each ref in References
    strName = ref.FullPath
    intLoc = 1
    While intLoc <> 0
        intLoc = InStr(1, strName, "\")
        strName = Right(strName, Len(strName) - intLoc)
    Wend
    If LEFT(strName, 3) = "MSO" Then    'Find the Office object Reference
        If strName <> "MSO8.DLL" Then   'See if the reference is correct
            References.Remove ref             'Wrong reference so remove it
            References.AddFromFile (strFilename)
            Exit For
        End If
    End If
Next ref

I think that late binding(like Marty suggests) would be a better solution tho.

Scott