[AccessD] OT: Hyperlinks by automation

Henry Simpson hsimpson88 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:02:23 CDT 2003

Thanks Michael:

The Microsoft link clinches it.  I can dirty the form in the event that
opens Excel, but then the user is prompted to save.  I can code a save, but
the user may need to cancel changes so that's no good.  In either event,
some code is required.  The 'Back' button mentioned in the Microsoft article
is not applicable to Word docs and unhiding a window is as bad or worse than
right click and navigating the menus.  In any event, the Microsoft solution
of unhiding a workbook doesn't work on our Terminal Server as the file is
completely closed.  I could use the follow hyperlink method but as long as
there is a need to add code, I'll just use shellExecute.

Thanks for the definitive answer.  I'll switch to storing the file path in a
hidden column and skip the hyperlinks entirely.

Hen