[AccessD] Compact on close via code

Swisher, Timothy B. tswisher at GFNET.com
Thu Apr 10 07:08:40 CDT 2003

Tracy, this should work.

Application.SetOption "Auto Compact", blnOption

I use this in a proc and pass either true or false to it.  HTH

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Tracy [mailto:tracy at ak.planet.gen.nz]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 4:22 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Compact on close via code

Hi Listers
I know theres a checkbox for compacting on close, but is there a code
equivalent that can be put into an MDE file, my users have the runtime
version of Access 2000, all bypassing of the startup options are disabled,
so I need to put code into the close procedure of the mde.
Can anybody help ?

And also it must be without user intervention as happens when the compact on
close checkbox is checked.

Thanks Tracy