[AccessD] OT: The Archives are cursed!

PBudge at cbsol.com PBudge at cbsol.com
Thu Apr 10 08:24:33 CDT 2003

Oh gaaawd. . . *hangs head*  SORRY!  Honestly, I've GOT to start drinking
that coffee earlier.  ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

DULY crossed.

There.  Is that better?  ;-)))))))))))))))))))))

Pamela G. Budge
PBudge at cbsol.com
Creative Business Solutions

                      "William Hindman"
                      <wdhindman at bellsouth.net>        To:       <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      accessd-bounces at databasea        Subject:  Re: [AccessD] OT: The Archives are cursed!
                      dvisors.com

                      04/10/2003 08:06 AM
                      Please respond to accessd

"My fingers are dully crossed" Pamela

...hhhmmm ...too much keyboarding wore the edges off eh? :)

William Hindman
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund
Burke

"'AccessD at databaseadvisors.com'" <AccessD at databaseadvisors.com>
>                       Sent by:                         cc:
>                       accessd-bounces at databasea        Subject:
[AccessD]
OT: The Archives are cursed!
>                       dvisors.com
>

>                       04/09/2003 09:25 PM
>                       Please respond to accessd

> Okay, follow this evidence of the curse.
>
> I initially built and hosted the archives on my work machine.  In early
> January of this year, I moved the entire archives to my home machine.
That
> was on a weekend, and that Thursday (so 4 days later) my DSL provider (IP
> Communications....who my ISP was leasing my DSL through) went bankrupt
and
> just switched off their network.  It took close to a month to get my DSL
> back up and running.  When my DSL finally came back up, so I could once
> again 'host' the archives, I had them online, and had even built the
> portion (just didn't have the search using that technology yet).  Two
days
> after getting my DSL back online (with SBC as the new DSL
> provider...through
> my normal ISP), my wife decided to move us to a new apartment (300 feet
> away), so I had to move my phone AND DSL (however I cancelled with my
ISP,