[AccessD] Treeview not working when form opens

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Fri Apr 11 15:03:36 CDT 2003

Thanks William,
Below is my code for the OnLoad event.
BTW there are 43 nodes for the parent, 740 for child 1 and 1290 for child 2.
It's strange that the code works from design view to form view but not from
the database window to form view.
Thanks again
Jim

Dim db As Database
Dim rst As Recordset
Dim rstChild1 As Recordset
Dim rstChild2 As Recordset
Dim objNode As Node
Dim strKey As String
Dim strParent As String
Dim strChild1 As String
Dim strChild2 As String

Set db = CurrentDb
Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("qryTVWLocation")
Set rstChild1 = db.OpenRecordset("qryTVWClients")
Set rstChild2 = db.OpenRecordset("qryTVWVisits")

'Loop through qryTVWLocation and add each Location name to a node.
With rst
    .MoveFirst
    If .RecordCount Then
        Do Until .EOF
            strKey = "L1" & ![LocationID]
            Set objNode = tvwClient.Nodes.Add(Key:=strKey, _
                Text:=![CityState])
            objNode.Sorted = True
            .MoveNext
        Loop
    End If
    .Close
End With

'Loop through qryTVWClients and add each Client to a node.
With rstChild1
    .MoveFirst
    If .RecordCount Then
        Do Until .EOF
            strKey = "L2" & ![ClientID]
            strParent = "L1" & ![Location]
            'identify the parent key for relative argument

            Set objNode = _
                tvwClient.Nodes.Add(relative:=strParent, _
                    relationship:=tvwChild, Key:=strKey, _
                    Text:=![Client Code])
            .MoveNext
        Loop
    End If
    .Close
End With

'Loop through qryTVWClients and add each Visit to a node.

With rstChild2
    .MoveFirst
    If .RecordCount Then
        Do Until .EOF
            strParent = "L2" & ![ClientID]
            strKey = "L3" & ![VisitID]
            'identify the parent key for relative argument

            Set objNode = _
                tvwClient.Nodes.Add(relative:=strParent, _
                    relationship:=tvwChild, Key:=strKey, _
                    Text:=![Visit])
            .MoveNext
        Loop