[AccessD] Secured vs. Unsecured FEs

Thu Apr 17 06:23:43 CDT 2003

My 2c
  The only MDE I use is as a REFERENCE to my MDB for my application
authentication logic. I have just started using the BEU in the same MDE.
Testing has been slow but so far the BEU has worked with out any problems in
this capacity. It seems to work just as if it was imbedded in the MDB.

  I do lock down my MDB tight (the only exception is certain users have
access to the formatting of reports) and password protect the "code window".
In the project that I have been working on, I must allow the user to modify
formatting and field positions on reports. So for me that rules out an MDE
completely.

Robert Gracie
www.servicexp.com