[AccessD] Secured vs. Unsecured FEs

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Thu Apr 17 07:56:48 CDT 2003

Kath,

In common-law countries (basically all countries where the Union Jack
flies or did fly), unless statutory law states otherwise, anything
produced under a  "for hire" contract is owned by who hired you.  While
anything you produce independently and then sell (license to use)
belongs to you.  Before you do anything rash, and since I am not
licensed to practice law in any English-speaking country, please check
with your local lawyer to see what the statutory and case laws are in
your jurisdiction.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency