mde vs. mdb - was RE: [AccessD] Secured vs. Unsecured FEs

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Thu Apr 17 09:05:21 CDT 2003

Richard,

Anything that requires you to go into design mode cannot be done with an
.mde since there is no design mode in it.  If you need to make a
modification to a form or report, you have to do it to the .mdb and then
create a new .mde.

For my clients, I let them test using an .mdb that I can modify.  When
they are satisfied with it, I produce the .mde for production.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Ave