[AccessD] pictures in a database

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Apr 19 04:18:29 CDT 2003

On 18 Apr 2003 at 22:49, Kathryn Bassett wrote:

> First, I have to admit, I have not yet even tried to look this up in
> my books (hangs head). It's just so much easier to ask you all.
>
> I have a database, only one table as it's a pretty simple one. I'm
> going to add a field called photo. Ultimately what I want is to print
> name tags with a graduate's name and photo. I have all the photos
> already, both on my hard drive and online.

> So, what kind of field should photo be,

Text field with the name of the photo file in it

> and what do I put in the field so that the photo will
> end up printing on the report being a specific height and proportional
> width?

An image box.  SizeMode property set to "Zoom"

When you build the report, put any image you like as it's Picture
property initially.

Then  in the Detail_Format() put:

imgPhoto.Picture = Photo

>Do I have to make a thumbnail first?
No

> If anybody has a small database that has this capability, I'd live to
> get it and disect it. I learn a lot by example.

I will send something through to you.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg