[AccessD] Arthur - MYSQL

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Apr 22 06:23:47 CDT 2003

There's not a lot involved in setting up an Access FE to work with MySQL.
However, most of the tools that can import the data cannot import the
indexes. One that does however is dbScripter, which costs around $39 US (I
forget exactly, I bought it a couple of years back). You'll need MyODBC,
which you can download from the MySQL site. And finally, there's an issue
with ANPKs and MyODBC, so it's good practice to add a TimeStamp column to
every table in Access before you move the data. (In the absence of this
column, a new row says #deleted# in every column. The data is actually
there, but can't be seen without a refresh. Put a TimeStamp column in and
the problem disappears.)

Arthur