[AccessD] sorting a list

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Tue Apr 22 09:59:18 CDT 2003

Hi Susan,

QuickSort is the name of a sorting method.  You would sort values in an
array with this.  You have to supply this function (Stuart replied with an
implementation of the QuickSort algorithm).  QuickSort is generically the
fastest sorting method.  Although there are times when the data input order
degrades the speed.  Also, the initial overhead of the QuickSort algorithm
make it not a great candidate for small data sets (<=50 to 100).

All of my replies have assumed that you were putting the data into an array
before adding the data to your control.  I was just throwing out this sort
information for you if you chose to go that route.

Here's a nice write-up about QuickSort and other sorts:
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/sort/qsoverview.htm

Sorry for confusing you.

Bobby