[AccessD] Macros

Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Thu Apr 24 12:21:53 CDT 2003

An Access Macro is not the same as a macro in Word or Excel or Powerpoint. In
access its more recording an action.

In WOrd and Excel and Powerpoint its writing code - VBA code. Thus its a good
way to learn the model for those apps.

Now how they actually work in Access, I think all they do is actuallyc arry
out a menu command. They dont have the power of a Word Macro for example. Teh
one I posted opens a document located in the file system. If I had wanted to I
could have then applied styles etc to that doc and then the appropriate code
would be created.  Dont think an Access Macro will do that.

Martin