[Accessd] FE/BE on server vs FE on workstation/BE on server?

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Fri Apr 25 00:56:11 CDT 2003

So tell me, other then the only obvious advantage I can think of, what
earthly advantage is there in having a FE in the same network location as a
BE?  The only advantage I can think of is that it allows for slightly easier
modification of the FE, since a new copy can be put into place, without
having to worry about the data in the BE.  However that really isn't an
issue with 97, because 97 allows for modification of practically anything,
as long as it's not in use (not the whole database).

Drew