[AccessD] OT - DynDNS (was:Please keep your fingers crossed! )

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Fri Apr 25 16:55:03 CDT 2003

IP security just lets you setup your sites (or individual pages...) to allow
or disallow based strictly on IP Address.  For example, our companies
Intranet has the root set for only internal IP Addresses (both 192.168 sets,
and our External IP addresses.....plus it has the IP Addresses for our
Europe and Asia offices, and my home IP. <grin>). That allows everyone
within the organization to use the Intranet located in our central office.
(And me to use it from home too.).  Then there are some portions of the
Intranet, which are completely open to the world, (such as the AccessD
portion that is the location of the older archives) this is done for
Intranet pages that our traveling people may need to have access too.

It's pretty easy to setup, not much involved.  Just go to the security
section, and IP Security is in the middle.

Drew