OT: Setting up a virtual disk - Was: Re: [AccessD] Setting up aram disk

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Apr 26 12:35:50 CDT 2003

Hi Shamil

> I'm not sure that these virtual CDs(first three URLs below) are what I'm
> looking for but I've to check that.

Neither am I.

A file for a disk sounds more like what the old Stacker, DoubleSpace
and DriveSpace compression utilities offered. But those are not
dynamic and don't work with NTFS.

Still wondering what your purpose or application could be ... here's a
toolkit to provide that functionality:

  http://www.pulsetrainsw.com/products_virtualstoragetoolkit.htm

Also, what you describe is somewhat what some encrypting utilities do.
Here's one:

  http://www.secureaction.com/cryptoexpert/

/gustav