Setting up a virtual disk - Was: Re: [AccessD] Setting up a r am disk

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Sat Apr 26 14:15:28 CDT 2003

No, it sounds pretty useless! <grin>

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustav Brock
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: 4/26/03 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: Setting up a virtual disk - Was: Re: [AccessD] Setting up a r
am disk

Hi Drew

To be more precise: A virtual disk uses something else than a disk,
like ram or diskettes.

Yes, that's right. I once had a driver for a virtual harddrive. It
used 360K floppy disks for emulating a "giant" disk of many MBs. Every
time the system needed access to another part of the drive than that
of the current floppy, a message popped up asking to insert floppy no.
so and so.

Do I need to tell that this approach was extremely close to useless?

/gustav