[AccessD] Woe unto Run-time - I need your input

David McAFee (Home) dmcafee at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 27 13:56:49 CDT 2003

Whoever recommended Wise & Sagekey was correct!

Wise is not cheap, nor is the sagekey script.
Wise is a packager (like the one included with you runtime, but better).
You need the run time to legally distribute your app with the access runtime
engine.

Sagekey is simply script (code) to put into Wise. Its kind of expensive but
Sagekey has done all of the foot work for you, and that's why he gets to
charge what he does :) I was hesitant at first, but after wasting more money
trying to do it myself, I went ahead and purchased it.

His packager packages the IE 3.0 instead of 5.0 which IIRC brings the
package down to 20 or 40 MB (its listed on his site) instead of MS' 150MB
(normal) or 75MB(small) package. HE also deals with installing on a computer
that already has access installed (same or different version), or they
install a different version later. Make sure you follow his template.

He allows for different distribution methods such as CD, Floppy or network.

 Check it out:

http://www.sagekey.com/