[AccessD] FileSearch object

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Mon Apr 28 15:17:11 CDT 2003

Want to warn you about a peculiar behavior. The PropertyTests collection
lets you set advanced options -- see the Property control in the Advanced
Search task pane for an exact list. However, if you cycle through the
collection, it lists some of the basic properties, which you can't set using
the collection's Add method -- it's a bit disconcerting and confused me for
a bit.

Also, through trial and error have learned you can't set the file of types
and a file name -- it just ignores the files of type setting if you use the
FileName property -- you have to discern the file type when entering the
file name by including the extension.

Susan H.