[AccessD] Word 10.0 Obejct Library Replaced Word9.0ObjectLibrary in References

Terri Jarus jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
Tue Apr 29 06:42:57 CDT 2003

I have had this same issue because we have workstations with Office97
and workstations with Office XP running the same A97 database.  I didn't
think you could check two references for Word.

My database runs across a network (FE and BE) and has a reference to
Word 8.0 but every so often, it picks up Word 10.0 - same problem.  I
can bring up the database at my workstation and reset the reference to
Word 8.0 and all is well.

For those users who run Office XP, I copied the word 8 .olb to a shared
directory and made certain that's where the database gets the reference.
 It all works fine, except when, it changes to 10.0.

I don't know if it happens when someone with Word XP only on their
workstation has the db generate a Word document??

Anyway, we will all be going to XP in the next few months, so it will
become a moot point - that's why I haven't given it a lot of effort.

Would be interested in the solution, however, if an easy one comes up.

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 04/28/03 10:01PM >>>
Hi Rocky:

I guess I am a little late in this conversation but I just have this
thought. If you are trying to resolve the issue of whether Word 10.0 or
9.0
object library is going to take precedence. I would set up my Access DB
with
both references ticked. If one failed, it is easy to check the
reference
status within code then just use the library that didn't fail.

My two cents worth.

HTH
Jim