[AccessD] Automation Error 8001010A when Automating Word 2000

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Tue Aug 5 02:06:27 CDT 2003

Hi All,

Have anybody seen the subject error, which appears when the following VBA
code line is executed:

set wapp = CreateObject("Word.Application")

or

set wapp = CreateObject("Word.Application.9")

where wapp is defined as:

dim wapp as Object

I see nothing "criminal" here.
MS say in

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;246018 and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;244264

that the problem is because of Norton Antivirus installed but my customer
states that there is no NAV on their PC. There are:

Zone Alarm and GeCAD RAV Antivirus v8.

Can they be the source of this trouble?

I must also note that in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;246018 MS humbly
writes:

<<<
In some cases, you may need to rename the oleaut32.dll and reinstall Office
2000. To rename oleaut32.dll, it is usually necessary to boot into MS-DOS
mode because more than likely the Operating System has the file locked.

STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that
are listed at the beginning of this article.

I hope anybody have seen subject error and may give more detailed advices of
its causes and how to fix it than that of MS. (The problem is that this bug
appears on a remote customers PC, which I don't have access to)

TIA for any information on the subject,
Shamil

P.S. Additional info on subject is in:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;244264