[AccessD] ASP - getting started

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 8 00:40:57 CDT 2003

Learning something new....hoping someone can point me in the right direction....
I want to create some ASP files.

I am using Windows 2000 and have installed IIS on my office PC which has a workgroup network so that I can hook up the laptop to this PC. Under 'My computer', Properties, the computer name is 'OfficePC'.

I notice that installing IIS has created an innetpub folder on the C drive with a number of subfolders.

I was under the impression that by default, having installed IIS, if you enter an address such as http://officepc/ into a browser it should open a file called default.htm in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder. But when I do that I get 'page cannot be displayed'. (there is a default.htm in that folder).

Have I missed something on the installation or ???

TIA
Kath Pelletti
Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd.
Ph: 9505-6714