[AccessD] ASCII Sorting - Numeric First, then Alpha-Numeric

Mitsules, Mark Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Mon Aug 11 14:30:59 CDT 2003

Group,

I am converting an Excel solution to Access.  The Excel solution had a
column of values that the user typed in (numerical sequence as text
000-999).  I have created a table of all possible 3 character codes (46,656
records).  I would like a list box to default to the next available code.
As the Excel list is already at 919, I would like the remaining numeric
codes to be used first (920-999), after that, ASCII sort is fine .  Any
thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

Mark