[AccessD] Option Compare Binary Problem

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Aug 15 10:25:50 CDT 2003

Dear List:

I'm using Option Compare Binary in a module to get the code to recognize that the tilde character "~" is greater than any alphanumeric character.  (Using Option Compare Database it sorts the tilde up front.)

However when I assemble and run a SQL statement that has fld >= "0" and fld <= "~" it return zero records.  If I switch it around so that it says fld >= "~" and fld <= "0" the right number of records is returned.

I found this out when I took the SQL and pasted it into a query and tested the criterion both ways.  So apparently the Option Compare Binary doesn't extend to string comparisons when executing a SQL statement (reasonable).

Is there a way to get the same Compare effect in a SQL statement?

Thanks in advance to all and regards,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software