[AccessD] Job posting

Mary Davis vze28ztx at verizon.net
Sat Aug 16 11:25:26 CDT 2003

Well, then, I'll jump in here.
Someone kindly wrote:

" 'Absolutely right William. Anyone who knows of job opportunities
should feel free to post them.
" 'So don't be shy."
__________________
A few weeks ago, another reader told me job postings are acceptable, but
shyness did get in my way.  (That was Keith Williamson.  If you're there
Keith, Hi and thanks!)

Desperation vs. shyness.  Ok: desperation wins.

We're located in Wilmington DE. (hehehe...if you don't know where that
is exactly, then you're just not local enough!  If Delaware figured in a
Jeopardy answer, it'd be "the sales tax free state."  Our one legitimate
claim to fame.)
There's a long story that I won't burden you all with.  We would very
much like to find someone local.  (We know that most/many developers
work through cyberspace and don't need the "face to face" - we're just
not convinced that all our problems could be solved via email.)

We've been abusing Access for about 5 years.  I've not been able to
learn enough for our company to become "in house sufficient."  We have a
consultant who's (1) not local - about 30 miles away so his visits have
been a bit limited and (2) sometimes not available immeditely enough.
Thus, we've been at this for 5 years and I think there's much to be done.

If you'd like to see something of our company, we are
http://www.isminc.com

thanks for any help that comes by!!

with best regards,
Mary