[AccessD] Custom autonumbers and error 3420

Don Elliker delliker at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 13:41:55 CDT 2003

I have removed the autonumber PK from all my tables, replacing it with a
Long. Everything seems to work except for the fact that after any operation
involving the BE database I lose my connection to it and receive a 3420
'Object invalid or no longer set' error. This error is generated on the next
reference to the BE (database object)

The BE database is opened and connected on startup and the connection stays
open for the duration (or it used to). The only change ,so far, is to the
Autonumber PK and the 'before_insert' event logic to populate the Long with
the next autonumber from a separate Autonumber Database (value retrieved is
also a long).

Thoughts?

TIA,
_D

"Things are only free to the extent that you don't pay for them".-Don
Elliker