[AccessD] SourceSafe

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Fri Aug 1 08:45:09 CDT 2003

Jim,

It was a lot of little things that we thought should be improved, but
they did not give them any priority and were not included in any of the
releases during that time.  If VSS was the only product on the market we
would have stayed with it because version control is very important in a
project team environment.

But about two years ago we decided to explore alternatives and our
evaluation team determined that VM was far ahead of VSS in features and
ease of use, so we switched.  Maybe VSS has caught up and passed VM in
the 18 months or so since we made the decision to switch, so don't take
my word for how things now stand.

Again, if you haven't finalized your decision then please look at
alternatives such as VM.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency