[AccessD] A2K:Create MDA dB to hold code

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Aug 4 10:59:59 CDT 2003

Ditto's to that here.

If you include the library in your installation script it isn't a problem.
If you're passing it around with out a script then if you always place the
library db in the System32 folder it shouldn't be a problem either.

IMO its a personal preference and there's pros and cons to both.

One pro - other developers can use the exact same reference rather than
copying the code or referencing your app db. If you put a listing of your
library code procedures and what they do on your intranet and always install
the library in system32 so it is an easy refernce it can save some time and
reduncancy.

One con is when you use an mde library (to protect the code) you always have
to compile with the exact same library - therefore you have to synch the
library with the app.

What we do is put generic (and very reliable) code in a library and app
specific or new code in the app db.

HTH
John Bartow