[AccessD] Computer Identifier

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Tue Aug 5 00:50:23 CDT 2003

The combination of severall items.
Windows version etc..

But the most unique I know, will be the serial number of the hard disk.
The serial of the processor but not al cpu have one, or turned off.
MAC address of the nic is also unique but can be easealy spoofed.
PC name should be unique in same domain.
Please note that the last two would require a network installed!!!

Public SysInfo As SYSTEM_INFO

Type SYSTEM_INFO
        dwOemID As Long
        dwPageSize As Long
        lpMinimumApplicationAddress As Long
        lpMaximumApplicationAddress As Long
        dwActiveProcessorMask As Long
        dwNumberOrfProcessors As Long
        dwProcessorType As Long
        dwAllocationGranularity As Long
        dwReserved As Long
End Type
Declare Function GetVolumeInformation Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetVolumeInformationA" (ByVal lpRootPathName As String, ByVal
lpVolumeNameBuffer As String, ByVal nVolumeNameSize As Long,
lpVolumeSerialNumber As Long, lpMaximumComponentLength As Long,
lpFileSystemFlags As Long, ByVal lpFileSystemNameBuffer As String, ByVal
nFileSystemNameSize As Long) As Long
Declare Sub GetSystemInfo Lib "kernel32" (lpSystemInfo As SYSTEM_INFO)
Declare Function GetSystemDefaultLangID Lib "kernel32" () As Integer
Declare Function GetVersion Lib "kernel32" () As Long
Declare Function GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" Alias "GetComputerNameA"
(ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Dim ctrSysinfo  As SysInfo
Dim Result As Integer
Dim RootPathName As String, VolumeNameBuffer As String
Dim VolumeNameSize As Long, VolumeSerialNumber As Long
Dim MaximumComponentLength As Long, FileSystemFlags As Long
Dim FileSystemNameBuffer As String, FileSystemNameSize As Long

Result = GetVolumeInformation(RootPathName, VolumeNameBuffer,
VolumeNameSize, VolumeSerialNumber, MaximumComponentLength,
FileSystemFlags, FileSystemNameBuffer, FileSystemNameSize)