[AccessD] Unbound image on continuous form

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Aug 5 19:15:18 CDT 2003

On 6 Aug 2003 at 9:54, Joshua B wrote:

> Hi Group
>
> I have a client who scans documents into their Access database (not
> made by me). They have a continuous form set up which shows thumbnails
> of these images (*.tifs stored in an OLE container). They came to me
> because now, with 600-odd records, their database has (of course)
> grown to 600meg. I have recommended storing the images on the system,
> only storing the image name in the db, and inserting the image into an
> unbound image holder on the fly. Only problem with this is, with
> continuous forms this cannot be done. Has anyone come up with a
> solution to this in the past? I've been thinking filtered recordsets
> and temp tables storing current images, but was hoping there may be an
> easier way I havent thought of. TIA.

You could try putting an  unbound image control in the header or
footer  or  embed the continuous form in a parent form and put an
unbound image control on the parent form. Then set the source of the
image in the continuous form's on_current event.

You can't see more than one image at a time that way, but you can
scroll through them easily.

Alternatively use a combined approach. Create small thumbnails images
which are stored in the table with the full sized original stored on
disk.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg