[AccessD] Make Table - Specifying String Field Size

dave sharpe davesharpe2 at cox.net
Wed Aug 6 16:33:34 CDT 2003

Friends

With Access, when doing a "make table query"; when You include an existing
string field, the field is "sized" in the new table to match the size of the
field the data is being taken from.

However when You a calculate field ( such as trim(tblOne.FieldOne) & "-" &
trim(tblOne.FieldTwo) ) access creates the the field as being 255 chars.

As an optimist, and hoping that there is a "work-around" due to this; I'll
phrase the question as "how can I specify the field size when doing
something like this ?" .

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Dave