[AccessD] Jet SQL vs ADO (AXP)

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 06:42:04 CDT 2003

Ignore this. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Roz Clarke [mailto:roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk]
Sent: 12 August 2003 12:20
To: AccessD (AccessD at databaseadvisors.com)
Subject: [AccessD] Jet SQL vs ADO (AXP)

Dear all
I have some code which attempts to open a query as an ADO recordset. The SQL
statement underlying the query is this:
"SELECT Avg(([CaseCasdet_1].[case_value]/[CaseCasdet].[case_value])*100) AS
[OutlayRec%]
FROM (GFClosedCasesReport_Base INNER JOIN CaseCasdet ON
GFClosedCasesReport_Base.case_id = CaseCasdet.case_id) INNER JOIN CaseCasdet
AS CaseCasdet_1 ON GFClosedCasesReport_Base.case_id = CaseCasdet_1.case_id"
The query runs fine and returns a value, but when attempting to open it as a
recordset I get an error message; "Join expression not supported"
Can anyone see what is wrong with the SELECT statement?
GFClosedCasesReport_base is a subquery but I have other queries based on
this and they open in ADO without any problems.
TIA
Roz