[AccessD] Setting A2K combo box rowsource using ADO - SOLVED

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 21:46:45 CDT 2003

Try Rowsource instead of Recordset

This is an example I got somewhere

if g_oConnection = OpenConenction then
     Dim oRes As ADODB.Recordset
     Dim sListText As String

     Set oRes = New ADODB.Recordset

     Me.cboMyList.ColumnCount = 2
     Me.cboMyList.BoundColumn = 1
     Me.cboMyList.ColumnHeads = False
     Me.cboMyList.ColumnWidths = "0;1"
     Me.cboMyList.RowSourceType = "Value List"
     Me.cboMyList.DefaultValue = 0

     oRes.Open "select * from tbMyTable order by label", g_oConnection,
adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

     sListText = "0;'<Anything>';"
     While oRes.EOF = False
           sListText = sListText & oRes("ID").Value & ";" &
oRes("Label").Value & ";"
           oRes.MoveNext
       Wend
       oRes.Close