[AccessD] Restrict # of User Logins to Access Part 2

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:32:53 CDT 2003

>If it is the first, then you have a separate table with flags you set
>for each user.  Once the flag is set, they are locked out forever.

I did the samething last year...the flag table was in the BE and linked to
each FE on each persons machine.  When a user logged in it ran a query
'locally' against the linked flag table using the username as criteria...if
it came back with a record...it locked the second user out.  If it came back
with out a record...it ran an append query updating the flag table.  When
the user logged out...it deleted a record in the flag table allowing someone
else to loggin with that ID.

I used this same setup to limit the number of concurrent users to 40.

Hope it helps...Good luck...

Mark A. Matte