[AccessD] Filtering Form by Subform Value

Stephen R. Zayko szayko at secor.com
Tue Aug 19 10:44:04 CDT 2003

The subform has two proerties called
Link Child Fields = Customer (field name on subform)
Link Mater Fields = CustomerID (Field Name on Main Form)

If I filter the subForm for the date, then
All of the main form records are still there
But the subform only shows records with the date

So could I filter the subform for the date, then filter the main form
for data where the Mainform.subform.form.Customer is not null?

Stephen Zayko

Subforms are joined to parent forms, not the other way around.  If the
subform has a link to the parent form, it is filtered by the value in
the parent form without any filter statements.  If it does not have a
link, it isn't filtered.  Can you explain how you've linked the form and
subform, if at all?

Charlotte Foust