[AccessD] A "Real World Example" of Piss Poor Programming Pra ctice

Lawhon, Alan C Contractor/Morgan Research alan.lawhon at us.army.mil
Wed Aug 20 15:54:45 CDT 2003

John:

I included a carbon copy of my "brief message" to the "lead programmer" to
our HR manager.  This was her reply:

Alan,

I appreciate your comments and understand how you feel, but in the future
please limit your "editorial" comments about the programming and the
software to the manufacture and only contact them with your exact support
issue.  As with any program there can be problems based on a variety of
issues.  However, very few people have had problems and those that have, I
can say with certainty that the majority of them have been user errors.
Thanks and have a great day.

In so many words, she seems to be saying (politely) "Alan, shut up and
mind your own business!"  The "lead programmer" has not bothered to respond
either ...

I just discussed this with my immediate supervisor.  He read her response
and just shook his head.  (He's been getting user complaints about this
software all week ...)

Alan C. Lawhon