[AccessD] Select Range of Records ...Word from Access

Michael R Mattys michael.mattys at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 20 23:17:41 CDT 2003

Bill,

Having read this, it seems to me that you aren't
really using a template at all. If you save the doc
as .dot, this may help you for every 4 records:

---Posted by Dev Ashish---

Opening a new Word document based on a
template through Automation

    To open a new Word document based on an
    existing template, we need to specify a
    value for the Template argument of the
    Add method of the Documents collection.

    If the template file (.DOT) is saved in
    the UserTemplates path,  we can use the
    pre-defined contant wdUserTemplatesPath.
    Otherwise, we will need to supply the
    complete path to the template file.

'****** Code Start ********
Private mobjWordApp As Word.Application

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Const conTEMPLATE_NAME = "\Templates\merge.dot"

   Set mobjWordApp = New Word.Application
   With mobjWordApp
      .Visible = True
      .WindowState = wdWindowStateMaximize
      .Documents.Add Template:=(.Options.DefaultFilePath( _
               wdUserTemplatesPath) & conTEMPLATE_NAME)
   End With
End Sub

Michael R. Mattys
www.mattysconsulting.com